Saturday, September 3, 2011

{ Kurtis, salwars, sarees, kaftans - INDIAN clothes! }

I LOVE the Indian clothing.
I love that it's so pure and simple.
Comfortable.
And the best part - IT'S MODEST.
I never have to worry.
I love love love it!
Some of the clothing items include: 

Kurtis: a loose, tunic-like shirt - they come in all lengths! Some shorter that reach the hips, others that go to the mid-thigh or knee - great to wear over leggings.
-or/and-
Salwars: loose-fitting, aladdin-like pants - so comfy!
-or/and-
Shalwar kameez: The Indian suit - matching Kurti with salwars and a dupatta!
Harem Pants: The parachute pants are so popular here for loungewear - love them and so comfortable! 
Dupatta/scarf: a dupatta is a long, loose scarf that the women wear or you can just wear a normal scarf! I love scarves!


My Indian Clothes
Here are a few of my purchases :) 
I have purchased a significant number of kurtas and I love them. I can't wait to wear them at in the States! 

And, I found most of them for like $6 (Rs. 300)! Yeah!

My turquoise kurta with beautiful gold trim.

My simple, thicker red and orange vertically-striped kurta - great to wear over leggings!


These are the salwars - ALADDIN pants. I love love love them.
Pretty awesome, right?

My super awesome salwars :) and bright scarf!
My favorite gold salwars with a beautiful purple kurta and scarf!
One of my Kurtas for church :) With pretty paisley!

My cool harem pants with sanskrit writing!
This is my BEAUTIFUL saree I purchased - beautiful but quite expensive - but still modest!
I am also determined to find myself a beautiful kaftan while I am here. They look like this:



Yay for Indian clothes!!! :) And it helps us to fit in a little better!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the details about the indian cultured Kaftans, I like the way you explain, it is nice and they all are looking nice and stylish perfectly for all the occasions and like to see more trending designs in kaftans, Please visit kaftans online here for more collections

    ReplyDelete