Friday, December 23, 2011

{ As my Indian sun sets... }

As the sun sets on my Indian adventure, another sun will rise. 
I'll be in India again.
I have fallen in love with this beautiful country, the people, the rich culture.

More than anything, I think I will miss my dear, beautiful, sweet roommates, Katie and Sarah! Our silly jokes, silent moments of understanding, and all of the fun we have together! I consider them both some of my best friends. 
Sure, we'll see each other again, but it just won't be the same. 

Inside jokes...

"When in Rome!" *flip your wrist around in a circle motion*
"Excuuuuuse meh!"
"I'm alive!"
"Duuuuuuude"

After being in India for so long, not too long, but long enough, I now enjoy the comfort of a little child running up and down aisles or the sound of a baby crying...

I have met so many incredible people during my time in India. 
Those that I will most dearly miss: The beautiful and incredible Anita-ji - I consider her one of my best friends :) And our sweet, dear Laxmi-ji, who always watched out for us, braided our hair, made our beds, put food in our bellies, brought us two beautiful children to play with (my sweet Geeta), and all of our incredible LDS Branch members, etc. I will miss them all dearly!

As my Indian sun sets...another sun will rise as the beauty of life continues to unfold itself in front of me. India, I love you.
You have stolen my heart.

Here are some of my favorite sunrises and sunsets from my incredible time in India. Those who know me know that I absolutely love the sun - sunrises, sunsets, the warmth, vitamin-d, etc. I love the Indian sun...the well-defined circle and brilliant bright oranges, yellows, and reds. I have never seen anything like it. 
India, je t'aime.




It looks like an impressionist painting. My favorite sunrise on the Ganges in Varanasi.




Another favorite sunset beneath a bed of clouds in the midst of the Himalayas.


Well, this is actually a sunrise but it was amazing!
Sunset in the city.













Mumbai.
The beach.


Once again, in the Himalayas.



Nainital - hill station. Incredible city view with the sunset.
The lotus temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment